1st January 2013
Post with 4 notes
OK, I liked how creating a ham radio goal list for 2012 kept me focused during the year, so we’ll do it again. Here’s what’s going into the 2013 oven:
- Complete 10-20m Top Loaded Vertical (before the cycle fades)
- Experiment with weak signal modes WSPR, QRSS etc.
- Operate more digital modes (kinda goes hand in hand with above)
- Build QRP-O-Meter (Xmas gift!)
- Get my main HF antenna - G0FAH multiband dipole - back up where it should be (Thanks a lot Sandy!)
- Build portable 6m Moxon
- Set up shack computer (properly) with rig interface(s), live digi-logging, clusters, etc.
- Commit to on ONE logging program.
- Play around with some SDR ( Chinese dongle & Softrock) and software
- Do more SOTA activations & chases
- Continued portable ops.
- Build a HF Mag Loop
- More kits/more homebrewing
- Fix my QRO rigs (Swan 350 suddenly squealing)
- Help local CW newbies with live QSO practice (NVIS antenna? internet?…)
Some more lofty goals -
- Work other satellites and modes (CW, SSB) - equipment may be stumbling block
- Improved antennas for below 40m - (K9AY? 80m dipole? Beverage?…)
- HF in the mobile (just in the back of my mind right now)
- Clean up the shack (yeah, right)