Already well into June. Time to measure myself against my New Year goal list for 2013:
- Complete 10-20m Top Loaded Vertical (before the cycle fades) — Soon… really...
- Experiment with weak signal modes WSPR, QRSS etc — Indeed. Having fun!!
- Operate more digital modes — A little bit. Some PSK and RTTY, but not as much as I’d hoped. CW man at heart….
- Build QRP-O-Meter (Xmas gift!) — DONE!
- Get my main HF antenna - G0FAH multiband dipole - back up where it should be (Thanks a lot Sandy!) — YUP!!
- Build portable 6m Moxon — Yessir! Morning of the June VHF Contest. Just in time for crappy conditions that weekend.
- Set up shack computer (properly) with rig interface(s), live digi-logging, clusters, etc. — zzzzz….. not yet. Lame.
- Commit to on ONE logging program. — Insert sad smiley
- Play around with some SDR ( Chinese dongle & Softrock) and software — half n half. Played with dongle <did i just say that?> and software, but Softrock still in its bag.
- Do more SOTA activations & chases — Did my second activation and achieved Shack Sloth chaser status. Huzzah!!
- Continued portable ops. — Always looking to get out. No prob.
- Build a HF Mag Loop — Seems like a good early winter project.
- More kits/more homebrewing — Built some antennas and three kits. Not bad.
- Fix my QRO rigs (Swan 350 suddenly squealing) — Who has time for QRO???
- Help local CW newbies with live QSO practice (NVIS antenna? internet?…) — Mostly their fault. Have to push more.
And I bought a KX3…. that must count for something……